– The FRPI rebellion continues to recruit and acquire military equipment.
2. North Kivu
– M23 rebels continue their Human Rights violations and recruitments of teenagers in the Rutshuru Territory
– Increased desertions in M23 ranks
– MONUSCO continues to patrol in Goma and its surrounding.
– On April 28 and 30, fighting in Pinga between the MM Cheka and the FDDH-APCLS coalition make 19 casualties
– 54 men from various rebel groups (including 30 from the M23) surrendered to the MONUSCO or FARDC troops in North Kivu
3. South Kivu
– May 7, a MONUSCO convoy was ambushed in Walungu, at 17 kms from Bukavu, by 10 unknown armed men. One MONUSCO soldier was killed in the attack.
– 10 rebels (including 7 FDLR) surrendered to MONUSCO troops stationed in South Kivu